boost 1.53

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

boost 1.53

Postby mwpowellhtx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 pm

I see at least on the i686 arch forums there has been a build of https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/boost/ (http://boost.org/). Has anyone built boost for arch on an ARM though? Also there is the matter of cross compilation, if we can cross compile from Windows to target arch on ARM, that would be better, probably, so we end up with binaries we can deploy instead of worrying about on-device build issues. Thanks!
mwpowellhtx

Re: boost 1.53

Postby mwpowellhtx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Another thought is that it wouldn't be completely unmanageable if we developed on a Linux system, say something light weight and accessible enough like a Linux Mint, using Eclipse, and cross-compiled to Arch/ARM. Other "constraints" (more political than technical IMO) are "Qt" is being force fed to us by our contractor/partner. At the moment I am prototyping some boost-based code for the app we're working on through a Visual Studio 2010 environment. Probably will end up going the Eclipse route provided that would work.
mwpowellhtx

Re: boost 1.53

Postby mwpowellhtx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Doing more reading, it's starting to sound like Eclipse/Qt integration is lacking if not has vanished altogether. Has anyone used Qt Creator as their "IDE" of choice? How well does that work with boost-based engines? In other words, for model and engine, I want to focus on Qt-less as much as possible, any other dependency injection, template or other DI chains involved to compose the system, then involve Qt where it shines the most: in the UI. Oh, and potentially develop on a Windows (Win7) system would be great, cross-compiling to target Arch/ARM. Thanks!
mwpowellhtx

Return to Package Requests