Reinstalling miniDLNA on PPro

This is for Community Supported ARMv6 devices that can use the ARMv6h repo

Reinstalling miniDLNA on PPro

Postby AlSam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:25 pm

I recently had to follow the steps under the "Help! It stopped working!" section in the installation page for arch linux arm for ARMv6 devices (Pogoplug Pro). I used the tarball named ArchLinuxARM-2012.05-oxnas.tar.gz since I couldn't get network access using ArchLinuxARM-oxnas-latest.tar.gz. I installed miniDLNA using the package minidlna-1.0.18-1-arm.pkg.tar.gz but cannot satisfy its dependencies. When I try installing ffmpeg the following occurs:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', '
')[root@pluggy media]# pacman -Sy ffmpeg
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
aur is up to date
:: The following packages should be upgraded first :
pacman
:: Do you want to cancel the current operation
:: and upgrade these packages now? [Y/n] n

resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: dbus and dbus-core are in conflict. Remove dbus-core? [y/N] y
:: systemd and udev-oxnas are in conflict (udev). Remove udev-oxnas? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: wpa_supplicant: requires dbus-core>=1.2.4

If I answer 'n' to "dbus and dbus-core are in conflict. Remove dbus-core?" the process automatically fails. Any advice on getting this working again? It has been so long since I set all this up the last time, I don't recall how I got it all setup. I remember following a guide on the archlinuxarm.org website but it is no longer available.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
AlSam

Re: Reinstalling miniDLNA on PPro

Postby moonman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 pm

You need to be up to date with the packages first. viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5733#p32619
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby AlSam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Ok, so I just need to use the tarball provided on the post and follow the same procedure I previously followed ("Help! It stopped working!" section)?
AlSam

Postby AlSam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:40 pm

I followed the same procedure with this new tarball but I am getting the same result as with ArchLinuxARM-oxnas-latest.tar.gz, the light in front blinks green for about 15 seconds, then it turns off. Any ideas?
AlSam

Postby AlSam » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56 pm

@moonman - I was finally able to get my PPPro to run with oxnas-rootfs-2013-06. I ran $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Sy minidlna') and all seemed fine. However, I cannot seem to start the minidlna service. I added minidlna to the DAEMONS section of /etc/rc.conf and rebooted. I also ran $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/rc.d/minidlna start') to no avail. This command results in $this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', '-')bash: /etc/rc.d/minidlna: No such file or directory
How can I get this service up and running? Thanks in advance for your help.
AlSam

Postby moonman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Initsripts got removed with the move to systemd. You need to find minidlna rc.d script yourself. There's a collection thread in the "community supported" subforum which explains how to find one
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby AlSam » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did some digging around and was able to find it. Here is a link to it for those who are still looking for it. http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5600&hilit=minidlna+script
AlSam

Return to Community Supported