model pogoplug pro archlinux version

This is for Community Supported ARMv6 devices that can use the ARMv6h repo

model pogoplug pro archlinux version

Postby cc0919 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello all,
New to the form and new to pogoplugs, so I apologize if this is a question that has been asked a million times before...I recently acquired a few Pogoplug Pros (model is POGOPLUG PRO, not P01 or anything else..) I recently saw instructions for installing archlinux on the PRO (although my model wasn't listed) and saw there was a warning. My question is...can I follow these instructions to get my pro working? Is there some older kernel somewhere I have to use?

The second question is about the built in wireless. Any guidance on how to get this working once I've got arch up and running?

I'm trying to build some squeezebox players and would rather not ruin any of my pogoplugs, so I'm just looking for a bit of guidance. Thanks in advance :)
cc0919

Re: model pogoplug pro archlinux version

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:53 pm

There is currently no official support. There are many things that are not simple in making the device work with recent software, and can not simply be construed without official support behind me.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby cc0919 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Understood. Is there a repository that contains older versions that would be usable?
cc0919

Postby cc0919 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:30 pm

I dont know why I didn't think of looking for Debian compatibility! Thank you SO much! :)
cc0919

Postby patelm » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:41 pm

Hello,

I have the same model of Pogoplug (PRO) and wanting to turn that into a NAS so I can attach my external hard drives and use them to read/write data wirelesslessly from home network. I was researching my options and stumbled upon ArchLinux and this forum. I read the installation but I didn't any information on what to do after the installation is finished. How do I access my hard drive? Will it available via web? or will they show up under my network and map it to my PC?

Thanks in advance any information that can help me here.
patelm

Postby grayman4hire » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:38 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('patelm', 'H')ello,

I have the same model of Pogoplug (PRO) and wanting to turn that into a NAS so I can attach my external hard drives and use them to read/write data wirelesslessly from home network. I was researching my options and stumbled upon ArchLinux and this forum. I read the installation but I didn't any information on what to do after the installation is finished. How do I access my hard drive? Will it available via web? or will they show up under my network and map it to my PC?

Thanks in advance any information that can help me here.

Instead of going ArchLinuxARM or Debian, another option is to add samba support to your Pogoplug - http://blog.qnology.com/2013/11/how-to- ... ba-on.html
grayman4hire

Return to Community Supported