Hardware repair?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Hardware repair?

Postby lukerg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:14 am

I recognize that this device should well and truely be put out to pasture, nevertheless I want to know if there are any companies that, for a fee, would be able to replace the burned out on board flash NAND chips on my Sheevaplug.
I am not sure what the name of such a 'chip replacement service' might be, but am somewhat aware that services like this may exist that are used by people in other gaming communities to breathe life into old hand held gaming consoles.
Apologies if this post should have gone into another subforum around here.
lukerg

Re: Hardware repair?

Postby moonman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:11 pm

I don't think there is any specifc companies that do that, but I think you would have to do your own research, find the right replacement chips and then find a person who is good with soldering. Look for any company that does electronic repairs in your area then you will find someone who will be able to solder the chip for you.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Marvell Kirkwood