GoFlex Home running Arch Linux ARM, can I replace HDD?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

GoFlex Home running Arch Linux ARM, can I replace HDD?

Postby viettanium » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi, I have GoFlex Home running Arch Linux ARM, can I replace HDD with a new one, how to reinstall Arm Linux ARM on the new HDD?
viettanium

Re: GoFlex Home running Arch Linux ARM, can I replace HDD?

Postby TheSaint » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:08 am

You may find clonezilla useful or partimage. So you should clone the old to the new. But one care must take to copy the u-boot.
So for better reference, you should look at the old partition table$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ sudo fdisk -l')
Then should copy the first sectors (the first gap before the first partition) to the new HDD, by dd. That's the u-boot . Later you may copy the partitions by gparted.
If the new HD is larger you may resize your partitions, but perhaps will be necessary to keep the same UUID. So better you take note before you get started$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ ls -lF /dev/disk/by-uuid')
TheSaint

Re: GoFlex Home running Arch Linux ARM, can I replace HDD?

Postby moonman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:53 pm

FYI, u-boot is not stored on the HDD on these devices, but on the internal nand, so if hdd is being replaced, u-boot will stay in place in the internal nand.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Marvell Kirkwood