readonly file system - can't repair (again)

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

readonly file system - can't repair (again)

Postby jelabarre59 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 pm

I WOULD have posted this on the thread at viewtopic.php?f=53&t=8590&p=45767&hilit=write+protect#p45767, but that one is already locked.

I have tried the various fixes suggested in that thread, nothing will make the USB stick mountable on a Linux Mint host. The USB will not boot the Pogo V4 it had been on. Originally this was supposed to be my NAS host, but after my other Pogo4 Mobile quit working (*also running Arch) I put this one to Jumpbox duties.

I lost power on this unit **ONCE** without doing a regular powerdown, and that one time was enough to trash the filesystem. That's exactly what happened with the other Pogo4, except that one would never boot again even after creating new USB sticks with the Arch install on them. I can only presume this one got bricked in the same way, and I'll probably have to trash this one as well. But before I take a sledgehammer to it, I'd like to mount it and recover some files off of it's USB stick, and maybe (just maybe) get it working again. So what is available for force-mounting USB?
jelabarre59

Re: readonly file system - can't repair (again)

Postby Abzie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Tried this?
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# dd if=/dev/sdX of=/home/user/disk.img')
Abzie

Postby moonman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:21 am

How is it read only filesystem if you can't mount it?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby jelabarre59 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:07 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'H')ow is it read only filesystem if you can't mount it?

That's just because I used the old thread title to make this a continuation of it, since a lot was discussed there already. This USB is write-protected, not just read-only, and cannot be mounted at all. But I am trying out the suggestion to just dump the device to an image file.
jelabarre59

Return to Marvell Kirkwood