ethernet recovery?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

ethernet recovery?

Postby checktravis » Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 pm

I recently revived my goflex and it's back on arch linux with a new(ish) hard drive. I am going to get the NAND rescue installed tonight with this viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8383.

I was wondering, is there any way to set up the ethernet for recovery? If it gets to the point, like mine was, where it's solid green and just isn't getting an ip address, it would be handy to just directly connect with a network cable and telnet in.

That's assuming telnet is loaded.

I was able to open mine up and use the serial connection, but that was a mess since I've never done anything like that before. some way to just plug in with ethernet and troubleshoot would be more elegant.
checktravis

Re: ethernet recovery?

Postby summers » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:13 pm

I don't know the goflex directly, but anyway most of these arm boards boot via uboot. (RPi is the only exception I know).

uboot and boot via tftp and the ethernet. So its a case of setting up the uboot env variables, such that in the right conditions it brings up the ethernet and tftp the kernel across.

Of course it means you need a machine on the far end offering tftp, and on the network address etc ...

I'll see if I can find the relevent uboot evn commands when I get home ...
summers

Return to Marvell Kirkwood