rtcwake

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

rtcwake

Postby Socaltom » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:49 am

I want to have my NSA325 go to sleep at midnight, and wake up at 6am. I could do this on my Arch box ( RIP), and I was happy when I found it was available on alarm. But when I try and run it I get this error message

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'rtcwake: /dev/rtc0 not enabled for wakeup events
')

I've searched google and everything else and I can't find a fix. Is there anything I can do? or is there another option. The stock zyxel firmware has a setting that does this, so I was hoping there is an option for alarm as well.
Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Re: rtcwake

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Then, that functionality may not be exposed via the kernel. I can tell you I wasn't testing or hunting for that feature when I did the kernel work.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: rtcwake

Postby Socaltom » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:16 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('WarheadsSE', 'T')hen, that functionality may not be exposed via the kernel. I can tell you I wasn't testing or hunting for that feature when I did the kernel work.

Bummer,
Any suggestions on how I might auto-wake the box? There seem to be plenty of ways to get it to suspend, its the waking up part that seems to be tricky.
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Return to Marvell Kirkwood