Pogoplug V4 LAMP lost SSH connection

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Pogoplug V4 LAMP lost SSH connection

Postby MultiAbnorm » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:57 am

Alright so my install of Arch on my pogoplug became corrupted and I wanted to reinstall the OS. I followed a guide and reformatted the USB (something like m, o, p, 1, w) and was about to reinstall when I got called away from the task. When I got back, terminal was closed and when I tried to SSH back in it times out. Advice I followed was to remove the key in Mac and try again. This also failed.

I'm willing to bet that this was a little sister error but what's done is done. As far as I know, the USB is erased and I can't access the system via SSH.

Is my little LAMP busted? Can it be repaired? If it can I wouldn't know how. I am hoping one or more of you may be able to help.
MultiAbnorm

Re: Pogoplug V4 LAMP lost SSH connection

Postby moonman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:03 am

You just need any device running linux to reinstall. All you need to do is extract the rootfs tarball as the bootloader is stored on the device's NAND and you don't need to to install it on the flash drive/hdd.

There are many topics on the forum which address this exact situation. Here is one of them viewtopic.php?f=58&t=10439
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Marvell Kirkwood