Problem upgrading packages

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Problem upgrading packages

Postby FreaqyGeeq » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Hey all!

I'm currently having trouble upgrading packages using pacman -Syu. I randomly get the following error (eg.):

error: failed retrieving file 'xxx.yy' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : The requested URL returned error: 403

This happens for a variety of files, and it's different each time I run the command -- this includes db files such as core.db, extra.db, community.db, etc., as well as packages such as tzdata-2017a-1-any.pkg.tar.xz.

Note that I'm in Australia, and I have seen others in the ARMv7 Devices forum complain about the same issue -- though the most recent comments seem to confirm it's now working for them.

Thoughts? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
FG.
FreaqyGeeq

Re: Problem upgrading packages

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Your best bets are two-fold when you see this type of problem. While the GeoIP based DNS Round Robin generally works, and well, there are exceptions where it just fails miserably.

• Use an explicit mirror instead of the GeoIP DNS RR: au.mirror.archlinuxarm.org
  • Check the other mirrors for RTT/TTL/Speed and add them selectively.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: Problem upgrading packages

Postby FreaqyGeeq » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:46 am

Superb! Thanks so much for your help @WarheadsSE, I really appreciate it. I will give that a go... cheers!
FreaqyGeeq

Return to Marvell Kirkwood