[E02] No SSH after reboot and new installation times out

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

[E02] No SSH after reboot and new installation times out

Postby basti007 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:42 am

I messed up my Pogoplug E02 installation when doing a pacman upgrade and foolishly ignored a dependency with openssl. After a reboot, ssh and samba does not work anymore. The installation itself works and is reachable, because I can still access my plex server on the Pogoplug and stream everything.

Now, what can I do to fix this? SSH does not work anymore.

I tried to re-install the rootfs tarball on another usb stick and boot the pogoplug from there with the intent to chroot it. It does boot, but when I try to SSH it, it just times out. The IP of alarm is there, but I can't even ping it.

Chrooting from an ArchLinux 686 installation does not work because of binary format conflicts, either (exec format error). But I can look through the directories of course. To me, the rest seems rather fine. Don't know why SSH does not start up anymore.

I also thought that my uBoot installation has a rescue system when nothing is mounted/connected to the Pogoplug, so I could SSH it then, but when I don't have anything connected, no IP is given to the pogoplug, so also no SSH there as well. (could be wrong about whether I installed the rescue system in the NAND or not). Unfortunately, no backup or serial connector available.

Is there any way to fix my old, half-working installation?

[Disclaimer: I edited the post, because first I thought the new rootfs does not give me an IP as well. It seems this was due to a broken USB device. It does give me an IP, but it times out when SSH it]
basti007

Re: [E02] No SSH after reboot and new installation times out

Postby basti007 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:55 pm

I was able to fix it by setting up another ArchV5 installation with another usb stick and then ch-rooting into the installation and fixing issues with OpenSSL as well as pacman-ing it via the root option and do a full upgrade. Everything seems fine again.
basti007

Return to Marvell Kirkwood