I lost Serial connection on Goflex home

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

I lost Serial connection on Goflex home

Postby vinhglory » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:10 am

Dear Mods and members!
Thank you for the fantastic forum! I'm new comer! I hope you can support to my troubles

I have a Seagate Goflexhome NAS. It is supposed to support 3TB, but when I installed 3TB HDD Seagate, It couldn't detect the drive.
Then I tried to install the Archlinx, every process was informed successfully, but I still could not load 3TB, or I might be have not been able to configure the linux.

I decided to turn back to original firmware by following this intructions via Serial connection:
https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/recoveri ... ia-serial/
Everything went right. I came to the last code: "nand write.e 0x800000 0x0 0x80000"

Then I typed "reset", the Goflex home hang and counld not reset at all. I waited for 1 mins, but It still counld not reset. Then I powered off the device and turned in on:
- The Cable LAN led (both leds) lit on
- The CPU is warm
- Green led and Yellow led are off (No light on, even amber)

All symptoms showing that the machine is running, but now I can't access via Serial cable anymore, only a Black screen.
I tried SSH, but still fails.

After all, I now do not have any WORKING communication to reset the GoFlex home, I heard about Jtage ,but can't find instructions. I expects your help!

Thank you !
vinhglory

Re: I lost Serial connection on Goflex home

Postby moonman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 pm

I would suggest kwboot in this case. It should work regardless of the state of your nand.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Marvell Kirkwood