Reverting to Stock

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Reverting to Stock

Postby balanga » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:47 am

How would I go about reinstalling the Stock system after installing Arch Linux on a GoFlex Home unit?

I have a second GoFlex Home unit which is intact so can copy its system onto an external USB stick.
balanga

Re: Reverting to Stock

Postby TheSaint » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:45 pm

You might opt to get the package list and install that way. Also it would save some penny if you'll copy the pacman cache into the new computer, prior to run pacman.
TheSaint

Postby balanga » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm not sure what you mean and what pacman got to do with anything? I thought there might be some way to save nand to a USB stick and then copy it to another GFH unit?
balanga

Postby TheSaint » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 am

The first procedure
  • from the running machine, get the package list
  • Get the pacman cache$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# rsync /var/cache/pacman/pkg /where_you_save_it # may be a USB stick')
  • from the new installation$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# mkdir -p /var/cache/pacman/pkg
    # rsync /where_you_save_it /var/cache/pacman/pkg')
  • reinstall the package list

The second procedure is just like a backup. I found easy by fsarchiver, see for your setup
TheSaint

Postby moonman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:43 am

OP is talking about dumping stock firmware (not ALARM) and restoring it to nand.
Here's a good writeup: https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,16789,16789
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Marvell Kirkwood