Re-enabling Automounting

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Re-enabling Automounting

Postby more10 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm

udev-automount is only available for arm. So there are no udev rules in vanilla arch.
more10

Postby sambul13 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Got it. Its code looks generic - try adding it to the "vanilla" ArchLinux install with pacman and see what happen. :) Don't forget, apart from udev-automount common rules in /etc/udev/rules.d, other user config specific udev rules are also placed in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d dir, with some (or all) being part of systemd, where udev was integrated to.
sambul13

Postby rwright88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:20 am

I had the previous (pre systemd) archlinuxarm package up and running. I had to reinstall and am trying to work my way through setting up subsonic again, but I am stuck on getting my pogoplug pink to automount my media external usb drive. I can manually mount, but I am having some trouble with what is required in systemd to get the automount to function correctly. I tried editing the fstab, but I couldn't get that to work either.

Any help or a step by step to re-enable automounting would be very helpful!

Thanks!
rwright88

Postby moonman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 pm

You can try this out: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4376&start=10#p24167
I know it works on armv5 devices with linux-kirkwood for sure, not sure about other devices.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood