Re-enabling Automounting

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Re-enabling Automounting

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Nope.. He's got a really old install & pacman config. plugboxlinux.org was phased out a long time ago.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Geoff » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:43 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('WarheadsSE', 'W')e're repacking udev-oxnas to 173-3 to disclude the automount rules, and then it should be happy.

I keep everything up to date using "pacman -Syyu", but udev-oxnas remains at version 173-2. When I use "pacman -S udev-oxnas", it merely offers to reinstall the same version. I wonder how to find version 173-3.
Geoff

Postby WarheadsSE » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:35 am

Hmm... odd, but good point. We'll smack the builder..
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Cybertimber2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('WarheadsSE', 'H')mm... odd, but good point. We'll smack the builder..

I'm still getting errors. Can you try kicking the builder this time?

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@Arch Linux ARM install ~]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra 430.4K 501.0K/s 00:00:01 [######################] 100%
community 397.7K 760.1K/s 00:00:01 [######################] 100%
aur is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: sysfsutils: local (2.1.0-7) is newer than core (2.1.0-6)
warning: tcp_wrappers: local (7.6-13) is newer than core (7.6-12)
there is nothing to do
#
#
[root@Arch Linux ARM install ~]# pacman -S udev-automount
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): udev-automount-1.0-2

Total Download Size: 0.00 MB
Total Installed Size: 0.02 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts [######################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
udev-automount: /etc/udev/rules.d/11-media-by-label-auto-mount.rules exists in filesystem
udev-automount: /etc/udev/rules.d/11-sd-cards-auto-mount.rules exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
')
Cybertimber2009

Postby massi47911 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi, excuse me but the past days I was very busy with the exams :D

ok, I change the line:
Server = http://plugboxlinux.org/arm/$repo
with this:
Server = http://archlinuxarm.org/arm/$repo
reboot, pacman -syu but the response was the same...(I installed linux about 4 month ago, not years ago)
mmmh...I think it's nearly better to try to reinstall all (in another usb key, so I could come back)?
...or I write wrong this line? XD
thank you!
massi47911

Postby ferenz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 pm

When I try to install udev-automount with the command from frist post, I get this:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S udev-automount
resolving dependencies...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/sg3_utils-1.30-1/desc: No such file or directory
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/transmission-cli-2.33-1/desc: No such file or directory
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/sg3_utils-1.30-1/desc: No such file or directory
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/transmission-cli-2.33-1/desc: No such file or directory
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/udisks-1.0.4-1/desc: No such file or directory
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/udisks-1.0.4-1/desc: No such file or directory

Targets (1): udev-automount-1.0-2

Total Download Size: 0.00 MB
Total Installed Size: 0.02 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
')

When I try to proceed, I get this

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '(1/1) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
udev-automount: /etc/udev/rules.d/11-media-by-label-auto-mount.rules exists in filesystem
udev-automount: /etc/udev/rules.d/11-sd-cards-auto-mount.rules exists in filesystem
')

Does somebody know, what went wrong here? :(

edit: pacman -Syu has been done today, all updates available have been installed
ferenz

Postby Cybertimber2009 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:10 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('ferenz', 'W')hen I try to proceed, I get this

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '(1/1) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
')

Does somebody know, what went wrong here? :(

It's because the udev that requires udev-automount hasn't been pushed out yet.
Cybertimber2009

Postby floydbloke » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 pm

This is causing me a bit of grief.

Prior to the update my external HDD would automount and I could happily access directories and files. It has two partitions: 1TB_part1 and 1TB_part2, (both partitioned as FAT, or possibly NTFS, not at home right now and I can’t remember which). Now when I connect the HDD these partitions (or at least their names) appear as directories under /media but I can’t see any contents.
It does let me create new directories and folders within them though and if named appropriately SAMBA will pick them up and I can see them from a Windows machine.
If I now disconnect the external HHD and reboot my plug the directory/partition (in this 1TB_part1) and its contents that I created are still accessible on the plug. It seems that this content wasn't written to the external HDD at all??
Plugging the external HDD back into a Windows machine all the original contents are still there but the newly created content can’t be seen.

What am I missing? Could it be a permissions thing perhaps?
floydbloke

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 pm

The drives didn't mount to those directories, so you were writing to the local file system, simple as that. Ensure the automount rules are installed and active.
Core Developer
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby floydbloke » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:44 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('WarheadsSE', 'T')he drives didn't mount to those directories, so you were writing to the local file system, simple as that. Ensure the automount rules are installed and active.

Thanks for that. The rules exist (in default format, straight from the install and they match the ArchLinux wiki) and it certainly appears that these rules create the said directories. I did not create them manually.
Is there a way that I can confirm that the rules are indeed active and where the drive/partitions are being mounted, if at all? I guess they should show up if I do just execute a mount command.

(apologies for my ignorance, I'm very much a beginner at anything Linux)
floydbloke

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood