Ten(ish) steps to set up a dockstar

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Ten(ish) steps to set up a dockstar

Postby eplug » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:38 am

Hold on, it seems like the version of Arch Linux ARM install I have installed already has some form of automount installed....

Nevermind I guess? Although it would be nice to know what happened..
eplug

Postby RobbH » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 pm

There's a page for developers, Building Arch Linux ARM Packages (http://Arch Linux ARM.com/index.php5?title=Developers:_Building_Packages). To install native build essentials, it suggests the following command:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S kernel26-headers file base-devel abs')

After that, I was able to build and install autofs.
RobbH

Postby redhydralisk » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Got the same results as eplug even after running $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S kernel26-headers file base-devel abs')
redhydralisk

Postby kmihelich » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 pm

As of the 13th, autofs is in Arch's community repository, no longer in AUR. That version built fine for me. Also, since it's in community it will be included in our repo rebuild taking place over the next couple weeks. If you find a package in AUR that you'd like us to include, jump on IRC and let us know, or leave a note on https://www.github.com/Arch Linux ARM/Arch Linux ARM
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby vallesedgar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:44 am

a noob , I followed the tutorial and installed apache by downloading and extracting httpd-2.2.17
followed the steps to configure then make and make install but dont know how to start webdav?
any steps after this to configure and start it would be awesome, I already had minidlna and samba before.
thanks in advance
vallesedgar

Postby pepedog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am

pepedog
Developer

Postby unplugged » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Does anyone have an archive of this? OP?

Is there an archive of the old link to the wiki?
unplugged

Postby blurry » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:37 pm

You'd think that the author would have kept a copy in his archives to paste in such a case. In this case, he failed to do so and is hereby sentenced to public ridicule. :oops:

But on a serious note, some of the parts were hastily thrown together and it's gotten easier to set up various things than it was when I wrote the guide (especially things like Apache). You will have to click around, but hopefully the main arch linux guides will translate more directly to the Arch Linux ARM install setup.

This little distro has grown up so much... :D
blurry

Postby unplugged » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:45 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('blurry', 'Y')ou'd think that the author would have kept a copy in his archives to paste in such a case. In this case, he failed to do so and is hereby sentenced to public ridicule. :oops:

But on a serious note, some of the parts were hastily thrown together and it's gotten easier to set up various things than it was when I wrote the guide (especially things like Apache). You will have to click around, but hopefully the main arch linux guides will translate more directly to the Arch Linux ARM install setup.

This little distro has grown up so much... :D

Nice, glad to see the OP still around. This thread was one of those projects that I was interested in but never got around to implementing (time flies when you have a kid). Who knew the this site would evolve from Arch Linux ARM to arch linux. I've got a few Dockstars still sitting in boxes waiting for me to tinker with :oops: that I can put into use before the internet disappears. :lol:
unplugged

Postby kmihelich » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:23 am

Arch Linux ARM was always Arch Linux, we renamed to better describe what we've become. We don't focus solely on plug computers anymore, and it's far more than just "apps" in that it's an entire operating system. We got the blessing for the name from the owners, combined with ArchMobile, and rebranded ourselves.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood