[How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 device

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 de

Postby grayman4hire » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:52 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'T')he link was given to me by one of the forum members. I'm guessing that's what he did.

Okay, I'll work on trying to sniff out the 3.3.2 binary URL.

I've experienced the hung uploading video bug/issue before and would love for it to be resolved (and from the forums, looks like 3.3.2 resolved it).

[Edit] We're looking for something like this right?
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
http://upgrade.pogoplug.com/svc/upgrade/cloudengines_pogoplug_3_2_6_201203220028_upgrade
')
grayman4hire

Postby moonman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

That's exactly what it would like like. The 3.3.0 update is at this link (which is dead now)
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'http://upgrade.pogoplug.com/svc/upgrade/cloudengines_pogoplug_3_3_0_201209251823_upgrade')
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby grayman4hire » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Okay.

Thought I was going to have to sniff the traffic from my (TomatoUSB) router, but I found an old hub (having a brother that's a Network Engineer sitting an aisle over can be useful) which should allow me to use wireshark instead.
grayman4hire

Postby wfg97079 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks to this post I got my.pogoplug.com working on my E02 with archlinux installed. I have it mapped via samba on my mac and I dumped a bunch of photos on it. I can see the slideshow of the photos just fine from the my.pogoplug.com site. But when I do a "get link" and share that link out, the photo files are listed but all that is displayed is a large green icon for each of the images. I tried using the link locally here and I see the same thing. Anyone seen this before?
wfg97079

Postby grayman4hire » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 am

Got it! Do you thing moonman!

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
http://service.cloudengines.com/svc/upgrade/cloudengines_pogoplug_3_3_2_201306031744_upgrade
')

Ended up sniffing the traffic on my TomatoUSB router using this method:
http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?th ... ile.32337/
grayman4hire

Postby moonman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:40 am

Good stuff. Thanks for the link. Now I see the link URL is a bit different and wonder if blocking upgrade.pogoplug.com is enough to prevent the updates anymore.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby moonman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:18 am

OP updated with the link to 3.3.2 package. I've added a couple of tweakes suggested by rummy.
-Now all new installations will use port 89 by default - you can run a webserver on the same machine
However, if you are updating from an older pacakge you need to add "tcpport=<port>" to /etc/pogoplug.conf
-Now there's a script that should take a thumbnail for videos on the 5th second, not 0th

Cheers to greyman4hire for getting the link for the new update.
moonman
Developer

Postby grayman4hire » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks moonman.

Looks like the new 3.3.2 package is missing a default /etc/pogoplug.conf file.

Also curious if you ended up blocking service.cloudengines.com via the host file.
grayman4hire

Postby moonman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:19 pm

There isn't a default /etc/pogoplug.conf explained in the OP why.
No, I decided not to block it. If needed it can be added to /etc/hosts manually.
moonman
Developer

Postby iTycoon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:43 am

@grayman4hire, Way to go!! I knew someone would sniff it out.

@moonman, Will you be making a new package or is there another way to update? Edit: Nevermind... missed OP updated. Was too exited 8-) .

Thanks
iTycoon

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood