[How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 device

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 de

Postby moonman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:30 am

miniDLNA may be a better choice for DLNA streaming.

Back to the problem:
Try running hbplug in foreground, see what it says when it stops working.
Also can I see your pogoplug.conf/hbplug.conf ?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby PhatMuffinMan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:09 am

How would I run it in the foreground?

Also I noticed this morning when I ran the "systemctl1 status pogoplug.service" command that it says this:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pogoplug.service; enabled)
Active: active (exited) since Wed 1969-12-31 19:00:21 EST; 43 years 7 months ago
Process: 108 ExecStart=/bin/sh /usr/local/cloudengines/pogoplug.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/pogoplug.service
├─125 /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbwd /usr/local/cloudengines/bin...
└─126 /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug

Dec 31 19:00:21 pogoplug sh[108]: rm: cannot remove ‘./bin/hbplug.conf’...ry
Dec 31 19:00:21 pogoplug systemd[1]: Started my.pogoplug.com service daemon.
')

Does the "pogoplug sh[108]: rm: cannot remove ‘./bin/hbplug.conf’...ry" message look normal? It does not come up when I start the service....and it seems to appear after i check the status about an hour or so later.

So maybe there is a problem with the pogoplug.service that causes it to not be seen by my TV.

Here is the hbplug.conf from /usr/local/cloudengines

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'vfsdir0=pogoplug,/usb
installdir=/usr/local/cloudengines
datadir=.
nohotplug=1
svcid=AUQ4HSP2QBSBG62A45XD7MJJM6
')
PhatMuffinMan

Postby moonman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 am

Your date is off. This may be causing issues. It is supposed to remove the conf file and copy the new one in its place because it likes to overwrite it.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby PhatMuffinMan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:02 pm

I ran the tmezone command once the alarm install finished...hmmm not sure why it did not take.

Is there a problem if did not rm it?

even with the rm error i am able to access the pogoplug website and see my hd. the dlna seems to be messed up is the only problem
PhatMuffinMan

How to update my.pogoplug.com service software?

Postby iTycoon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks to this great thread, I was able to get my.pogoplug.com installed and working. I am running version 3.3.0 that was installed via pacman from a dropbox user share. I'm assuming it was moonman's share. I'm having some issues which I've explained here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6012&p=34131

How does one update after successfully installing my.pogoplug.com? I want to update to 3.3.2. Does anyone know where to get the updated software?

Thanks
iTycoon

Postby moonman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:49 pm

I don't know whether it's the software itself that's causing problems or it the combination of pogoplug software + alarm. We need to get an update URI for 3.3.2, if somebody could only give me the link I would create a new package.
moonman
Developer

Postby PhatMuffinMan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Can someone help me with minidlna? I installed it via the instructions on this page:

http://obihoernchen.net/wordpress/770/p ... rch_linux/

My TV can see Pogoplug:nobody but I cannot see any of my files. I need help seeing files on my 1TB usb external drive. Does anyone have a guide or can help me setup the minidlna.conf file correctly?
PhatMuffinMan

Postby PhatMuffinMan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Disregard previous post. I figured minidlna out.

Thanks for help all!
PhatMuffinMan

Postby grayman4hire » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'I') don't know whether it's the software itself that's causing problems or it the combination of pogoplug software + alarm. We need to get an update URI for 3.3.2, if somebody could only give me the link I would create a new package.

moonman, where and how did you get the original 3.3.0 binary? How would we get the URL for 3.3.2? Get a 3.3.0 pogoplug and sniff the traffic as it upgrades to 3.3.2?

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('PhatMuffinMan', 'D')isregard previous post. I figured minidlna out.
Thanks for help all!

@PhatMuffinMan, why would you post a question about minidnla on a thread about my.pogoplug.com service? Next time, please don't try to hijack the thread, just create a new one with your specific question or issue.
grayman4hire

Postby moonman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:02 pm

The link was given to me by one of the forum members. I'm guessing that's what he did.
moonman
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood