[How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 device

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 de

Postby moonman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:49 am

OP updated with the link for 3.3.5
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby iTycoon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks Spooky2012 and moonman :)
iTycoon

Postby grayman4hire » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes. Thank you very much Spooky2012 and moonman!

@Spooky2012, just curious on the method you used to sniff out the update URL?

I'm still having issues with syncing my videos from my iPhone to my Pogoplug. I was really hoping this would be the update that fixes it.
grayman4hire

Postby moonman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, not all things work properly still. I'm having problems with thumbnails.
If anybody want to create the package: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150 ... /ce.tar.gz

Create "cloudengines" dir
cd into it
wget the update package
chmod +x it
Run it until it wants to reboot, then CTRL+C it.
Remove the update package from this directory (so that you are only left with unpacked files)
Create tar.xz from this directory: tar cvJf ./cloudengines.tar.xz ./cloudengines
Now place cloudengines.tar.xz in the same directory with PKGBUILD and run makepkg
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby grayman4hire » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:16 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 'Y')eah, not all things work properly still. I'm having problems with thumbnails.

I have thumbnails and meta-data disabled on the my.pogoplug.com site to see if it was related to that.

So potentially my iPhone video upload issue is directly related to the my.pogoplug.com app running on ALARM (our hacked package) versus the official pogoplug os? I always thought it was pogoplug's buggy iPhone app or the my.pogoplug.com service itself.

I'm going to switch my default upload to their cloud service and see if it makes a difference. If the problem still occurs, I can open a legitimate ticket on the issue.
grayman4hire

Postby iTycoon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:33 pm

So I've been giving thought to how to sniff update urls without having a separate pogoplug device. What are your thoughts on a stock pogo plug os virtual machine? Seems like it should be feasible, no?

@moonman: Thanks for the instructions on creating the packages!
iTycoon

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood