[How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 device

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 de

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 am

It would also be nice to know how to update for those that installed before the 3.3 link was up.
Highvoltag3

Postby moonman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:17 am

I'm not really using the service anymore because I don't have a use for it, but some things don't work and I don't know how to fix it. To update, if you are using a package just use --force if you are not using the package, just overwrite all the files.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby Piramidowy » Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 pm

I followed whole tutorial and got my device activated @ my.pogoplug.com, but I can't mount my USB drive.

- my.pogoplug.com is working and reporting "Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached.To get started, please attach an external hard drive to any of the available USB ports."

- pogoplug.conf
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@pogoplug ~]# cat /etc/pogoplug.conf
installdir=/usr/local/cloudengines
datadir=.
vfsdir0=USB,/run/media/root/sdb1-usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly
datadir=.
nohotplug=1
svcid=my_device_ID
')

- /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug.conf
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[root@pogoplug ~]# cat /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug.conf
datadir=.
vfsdir0=USB,/run/media/root/sdb1-usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly
datadir=.
nohotplug=1
svcid=my_device_ID
')

-mount output
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
/dev/sdb1 on /run/media/root/sdb1-usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered)
')

Any ideas why it isn't working?
Piramidowy

Postby moonman » Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 am

Comment one of that datadir=. see if that helps. If not, shutdown the service and copy /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug.conf to /etc/pogoplug.conf and edit that one to include the your shared dir. It likes to mess witht he config file and it seems it like the variables in a certain order as well.

If that doesn't help, modify the /usr/local/cloudengines/pogoplug.sh to copy pogoplug.conf into /usr/local/cloudengines instead of /usr/local/cloudengines/bin I believe that one takes precedence

Try this pogoplug.conf (notice the order of variables):

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'vfsdir0=USB,/run/media/root/sdb1-usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly
datadir=.
nohotplug=1
svcid=<your svcid>')
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby shv » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:09 pm

The Seagate Goflex devices support to activate Samba sharing in the local network. There is an option in the web interface for this which I didn't see in any Pogoplug device yet. Would it be possible to implement this function in the installation package wich is provided here?
Debian @ Pogoplug Pro (actively used)
Debian @ Pogoplug E02
shv

Postby grayman4hire » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:18 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('shv', 'T')he Seagate Goflex devices support to activate Samba sharing in the local network. There is an option in the web interface for this which I didn't see in any Pogoplug device yet. Would it be possible to implement this function in the installation package wich is provided here?

Not sure what you're asking. If you're going this route, you already have Arch Linux ARM installed, so all you would need to do is install SAMBA if you want SAMBA.
grayman4hire

Postby shv » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:30 pm

You are right that I can install Samba with ALARM. But I also need a configuration. It is just the question if Samba provided by the cloudengines software can be used as well. In this case the smb configuration would be done with the pogoplug Web interface. It is somehow similar to the configuration of the PPPro WLAN interface. With the original FW this is possible with the web interface. With the cloudengines SW installed as addon to ALARM/Debian this function is not visible in the web interface possibly because some preconditions are not met.

Additionally it would be interesting to know why Samba is supported with Goflex but not with Pogoplug devices.
Debian @ Pogoplug Pro (actively used)
Debian @ Pogoplug E02
shv

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Because it is not the copy that is from the GFN. That is why.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby grayman4hire » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Am I missing something? Are we not talking about two different pieces of hardware from two different companies (with two different business models)? Does the GoFlex natively support my.pogoplug.com service?

Are there Pogoplug models that support samba out of the box (configurable via the web interface)?

Pogoplug could easily add built in SAMBA support if they wanted to. However, IMHO, their business model is about making money off their subscription based cloud storage services and the hardware is just a means for them to get you in the door. Versus Seagate which is a storage company primarily, and they want to sell you more (local) storage.
grayman4hire

Postby moonman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:30 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('shv', 'Y')ou are right that I can install Samba with ALARM. But I also need a configuration. It is just the question if Samba provided by the cloudengines software can be used as well. In this case the smb configuration would be done with the pogoplug Web interface. It is somehow similar to the configuration of the PPPro WLAN interface. With the original FW this is possible with the web interface. With the cloudengines SW installed as addon to ALARM/Debian this function is not visible in the web interface possibly because some preconditions are not met.

Additionally it would be interesting to know why Samba is supported with Goflex but not with Pogoplug devices.

Pogoplug never supported samba out of the box, it did support some proprietary protocol for which you have to install a pogoplug client on the client. grayman4hire already explained why. I don't understand why you need that when you already have alarm installed. Just because you get a nice GUI? Install a webmin or something?
moonman
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood