[How-To] update DStar/PP/GFlex to new uBoot for kernel>3.2

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [How-To] update DStar/PP/GFlex to new uBoot for kernel>3

Postby moonman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am

This may be a better guide: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1120
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby Hypnosis4U2NV » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 pm

It was acting up during updates and I had run into some issues.. Figured I would try updating uboot to get a newer kernel and see if it would address those issues.. Went through everything step by step and after reboot it was bricked.. Looking at the jtag recovery moonman linked to and it has a few areas where it isn't clear on how to perform certain actions.. Wondering at this point if I should even bother..
Hypnosis4U2NV

Postby moonman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 pm

If you have a serial... or time to wait for the ttl adapter from ebay then it will only cost you $2 & ~2 weeks to check if your U-Boot is completely broken or it's just the environment that's broken. If it's just the environment then it's pretty easy to recover with serial console.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby bgulla » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 am

So I successfully updated uBoot, but now my green LED doesnt illuminate after the initial flashing. Any ideas?
bgulla

Postby moonman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 am

What device? Is color of the LED the problem, or you meant to say that it doesn't boot?
moonman
Developer

Postby bgulla » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Yeah so I assumed that I bricked it after updating uBoot, but then I could successfully SSH into the box. After the initial blinking of the green LED, it just turns off, rather than the solid green action that I have become so used to seeing.

TL:DR: boots into arch, green led isnt on.
bgulla

Postby maxim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi moonman!

I was planning on updateing uBoot on my Pogoplug v2, but I just have one question about this command:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/usr/sbin/fw_setenv usb_rootfstype ext3')
Since my rootfs (on usb) is ext2, as recommended in the installation guide http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/pogoplug-v2-pinkgray, should I change the command to ext2?

Thanks!
M
PogoPlug v2 Pink, w/ transmission, flexget, nfs, owncloud..
maxim

Postby Kurlon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('bgulla', 'Y')eah so I assumed that I bricked it after updating uBoot, but then I could successfully SSH into the box. After the initial blinking of the green LED, it just turns off, rather than the solid green action that I have become so used to seeing.

TL:DR: boots into arch, green led isnt on.

Which kernel are you booting, and have you verified that your uboot env is sane, including the right arc-number?
Kurlon

Postby moonman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('maxim', 'H')i moonman!

I was planning on updateing uBoot on my Pogoplug v2, but I just have one question about this command:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/usr/sbin/fw_setenv usb_rootfstype ext3')
Since my rootfs (on usb) is ext2, as recommended in the installation guide http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/pogoplug-v2-pinkgray, should I change the command to ext2?

Thanks!
M

That is from GoFlex Home/Net section. Don't change anything!
moonman
Developer

Postby maxim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Ok, see where the pogoplug-section ends now :-) .

Worked like a charm! Thanks!
PogoPlug v2 Pink, w/ transmission, flexget, nfs, owncloud..
maxim

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood