Unable to ssh to TonidoPlug with latest ArchLinuxARM

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Unable to ssh to TonidoPlug with latest ArchLinuxARM

Postby moonman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Add remount option: remount,rw,defaults
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby danip » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks for your help moonman!

I tried adding the remount option and I have the exact same problem.

I took another look at the log. There's an entry "write access will be enabled during recovery" that led me to believe that maybe I had a corrupt journal. So I tried this.

After the
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'debugfs -w -R “feature ^needs_recovery” /dev/sda1')

I got this error:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '^needs_recovery”: No such file or directory while opening filesystem')

But I was able to complete the rest. I tried to log again and I still have the same problem. I thought we got it!

Any suggestions?
danip

Postby moonman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Is there a way to log the boot messages on these devices? Can you connect a serial or setup a netconsole?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby danip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:27 am

I can access the logs that are stored in the hard disk from another machine. I'm not quite sure if that's what you'd need...

I don't have a serial connection but I could try and setup a netconsole. I guess I should chroot into the Archlinux session and setup from there so it autostarts at boot. It'd be the first time I setup a netconsole but I'd love to do it if it's of any help
danip

Postby moonman » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:16 am

You can chroot from another arm machine, but not from your computer (at least not without qemu-user). Well, see what the logs say, but netconsole, if supported, would be better.
moonman
Developer

Postby danip » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am

The plug still has an Ubuntu on the flash drive, I can chroot from there to the ArchLinux session on the HD. I'm attaching the "everything" log. Let me know if I can do anything else. Thanks again.
danip

Postby Orionn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:27 am

I'd like to be able to get this going too. I'm new to Arch, so can't really offer any input, but I've tried editing the fstab like someone else said, and still can't ssh into the TonidoPlug.
Orionn

Postby BaxterStockman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:36 am

Hooked up my Nokia CA-42 to the TonidoPlug's internal serial port to log boot messages; I've attached the log to this post. Looks like syslog-ng.service and sshd.service are both failing. I ran dmesg and journalctl while in the serial console; that's in the logs too. If I can check anything specific out through the console, please let me know.

EDIT: So turns out I can't post attachments; please hold on while I check with the board admin.
BaxterStockman

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Put it out in a pastie for us. (not pastebin)
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby BaxterStockman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:59 pm

OK, here's the Pastie. Also looks like systemd-update-utmp.service is failing.
BaxterStockman

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood