Debian on GoFlex net - any full noob how to?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Debian on GoFlex net - any full noob how to?

Postby JohnH » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:31 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('squeezeplug', '
')Did you see my other question?
One more question (maybe not the last!) I'm wondering about the easiest way to get all running with a new and untouched GoFlex Net device (out of the box). Is it possible to install only U-BIT without altering the PogoPlug SW? So that PogoPlug boots when no USB-Stick with Debian is attached, otherwise Debian from stick or HD will be booted?

Hi Thomas

Is peaslaker not answering your question in this post? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494&start=70#p5012
JohnH

Postby squeezeplug » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:42 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('JohnH', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('squeezeplug', '
')Did you see my other question?
One more question (maybe not the last!) I'm wondering about the easiest way to get all running with a new and untouched GoFlex Net device (out of the box). Is it possible to install only U-BIT without altering the PogoPlug SW? So that PogoPlug boots when no USB-Stick with Debian is attached, otherwise Debian from stick or HD will be booted?

Hi Thomas

Is peaslaker not answering your question in this post? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=494&start=70#p5012

Yes John you are right,
I've copied the wrong post. Here is the right one:

***O.K. If I got you right we need to install U-BIT to run Debian but we can't run PogoPlug anymore, right? We can then decide to install PlugBoxLinux in NAND ore leave this. If we don't do so we have no bootable system on the NAND, right?***

Greetings,
Thomas
squeezeplug

Postby pegi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 am

->peaslaker

Might be to early to post this but I'd just wanted to you to know that the following is not really up to date.
Tutorial used: http://Arch Linux ARM.com/index.php5/Install_Plugbox_Linux_with_kernel_in_NAND_memory

This is done from an Official install of Arch Linux ARM install linux on an usb stick

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'cd /tmp
wget http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/goflex/v0.6/uInitrd
wget http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/goflex/v0.6/start_ubit
chmod +x start_ubit
./start_ubit

# Enter UBIT commands at the ubit-v0.6# prompt.
uboot_uptodate
chain_install dockstar
on /dev/sda1 kernel_nand_installer

# 3 minutes later...
exit # leave the UBIT shell
/sbin/reboot # reboot so the install can complete
')

Trying this on my dockstar fails at all : start_ubit -> looks to be an typo. Works with: ubit_start

- "uboot_uptodate" fails but will work if I run: "uboot_install goflexnet" one time

- $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ubit0-6:/# on /dev/sda1 kernel_nand_installer')
Gives me:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'UBIT:operating on /dev/sda1
ash: kernel_nand_installer: not found')

/PeGi
pegi

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood