Pogoplug Static IP

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Pogoplug Static IP

Postby starfighter5 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi all,

I have installed Arch Linux ARM install Linux on my V2 pink pogoplug and all seems to have gone ok, I had to temporarily set my router to DHCP for the install.

Now I need to set my router back to static ip's but when I turn off the DHCP server on the router and turn the Arch Linux ARM install on it appears to boot into the original software (ie; the LED on the front works)

If I turn the DHCP server back off and turn the pogoplug on it boots into Arch Linux ARM install and the LED no longer works.

I have set my IP, gateway and broadcast address in rc.conf and have set my nameservers in resolv.conf

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
starfighter5

Re: Pogoplug Static IP

Postby starfighter5 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 pm

I have been trying to get the rc.conf of the box with no success!

On another note, I noticed I had a reserved IP setup on my router for the Arch Linux ARM install MAC address. I removed this and rebooted and things began to work.

Its strange, for some reason the router is not recognising the plugboxes mac address
starfighter5

Postby guenne » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 am

Ok, you just used dhcp on your router for temp setup and now switched back to static IPs. On a Linux machine you could set up a very small dhcp server just for setup your Pogoplug - but make sure you are not running more than one dhcp server on your LAN and make sure that the IP address range this server offers is unused - see there
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DHCP/x369.html
When finished, you can stop the dhcp server.

On a windows machine you could search for "Tiny DHCP Server" and hopefully use that.
guenne

Postby starfighter5 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hmmm, I will check the MAC address and post back, I wonder if that is the reason its not picking it up
starfighter5

Return to Marvell Kirkwood