Pogoplug or Dockstar?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Pogoplug or Dockstar?

Postby desairs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 am

Which one of the two is better? I need to buy one of the two but not really sure which one is better. I don't mind the price difference is the extra ram helps. Thanks.
desairs

Re: Pogoplug or Dockstar?

Postby RichardP » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 am

With my experience of Pogoplug... I would not recommend anything at all from CloudEngines... but thats a personal view. :lol:

Richard
RichardP

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:14 pm

When it comes to DockStars (ducks) vs Pogoplug V2 Pinks (pinkys) it comes down to ram & nand space. The pinky has more ram, but the duck has more NAND, and some models even more.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby desairs » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm

@Richard, The only reason it's between these two is because I can get them next day via amazon easily.

@Warhead, If I am mainly concerned with a Samba share of a 2TB drive which is more important? I will eventually add more HD's but I will probably just get an ATOM PC by then.
desairs

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:28 pm

It’s not really pink, in my opinion. It’s more a magenta. To qualify as a pink it’d have to be desaturated more than it is.
Ian

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('desairs', '@')Warhead, If I am mainly concerned with a Samba share of a 2TB drive which is more important? I will eventually add more HD's but I will probably just get an ATOM PC by then.

Well if thats the only goal, either works. It's all up to the number of ports you want access to.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby RichardP » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('desairs', '@')Richard, The only reason it's between these two is because I can get them next day via amazon easily.

True.. it is easily available.. I had the same reason when I ordered. I loaded PlugOS to my PogoPlug and it Fails to boot if more than 1 USB Storage device is attached. I dont know how to get around that bit as I wanted the OS on a 4GB usb stick and Hard disks to be on the other USB ports. This didnt work :-(

I am sure there is a way, I dont know how uboot priorities or even tries to look for valid partitions on USB devices.

Richard
RichardP

Return to Marvell Kirkwood