Pogoplug Grey: pacman command not found

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Pogoplug Grey: pacman command not found

Postby chrcolrose » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Following these http://www.Arch Linux ARM.com/index.php5?titl ... ug_Setboot instructions, per the "Things To Do After First Boot" section, I attempted to run the command "pacman -Syu" while logged in as root. The result is:

"pacman: command not found".

What should I do next?
chrcolrose

Re: Pogoplug Grey: pacman command not found

Postby oaklanz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:20 am

I have the same thing happening, and it is clear that the usb drive doesn't mount. Is this as simple as the usb drive I'm using isn't robust for this? What I see is that when I boot, the usb drive isn't mounted. To see the drive, I have to unplug it and plug it in again. Then if I try to fdisk /dev/sda I can see a drive. Otherwise, fdisk just fails to run (there is no /dev/sda). Have people found that replacing the drive tends to fix this problem?
oaklanz

Postby BinaryJay » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:15 pm

If you see bash then you're not in Arch Linux ARM, you're in cloudengines.

And yes, I've had bad luck with some drives and good luck with others. The kingston drive I was previously trying to use was horrible for getting itself ready in time for boot. A cheap chinese no-name brand one works perfectly.
BinaryJay

Postby oaklanz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks. Based on this feedback, I bought several USB drives. The Lexar 4 GB jump drive (LJDTT4GBASBNA) ended up working for me. Of course, who knows how many different hardware configurations for that particular model there are out there.
oaklanz

Return to Marvell Kirkwood