dockstar device recognition/permission ??

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: dockstar device recognition/permission ??

Postby chaskito » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 pm

yes, in following directions for the uboot environment I also told pogo to "uboot_install dockstar"

This command gave me the same "existing firmware cannot be identified" and along with that something along the lines of "...therefore new uboot environment cannot be installed..."

I just plugged along from there. It was interesting, that after entering into the "original" pogoplug OS that the root was pogoplug /$: or something similar, while before updating mtd0 my root was bash 3.2/. Is this because I flashed a new uboot loader (doozan's excellent creation)?

would you suggest I back out of my working server (that upon reboot still presents with the message "...broken pipe...") and make sure that the uboot environment is solid?
chaskito

Re: dockstar device recognition/permission ??

Postby peaslaker » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Jeff's U-Boot install method and U-Boot images are the pre-cursor to my UBIT U-Boot images. UBIT takes the same configurations and goes further with them, adding a specific and safe set of U-Boot parameters, tested for specific booting scenarios with Arch Linux ARM install Linux.

In installing a modified U-Boot you have to choose between Jeff's U-Boot and the UBIT U-Boot. You can't have both.

'uboot_install dockstar' should not fail on a non-recognised U-Boot. However there is a workaround:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
chain_install dockstar
chain_revert
uboot_uptodate
')

The above are all UBIT commands.
peaslaker

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood