Restore PogoPlug v2 using NAND Dumps

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Restore PogoPlug v2 using NAND Dumps

Postby mbrooker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi All,
I'm looking to reset a PogoPlug v2 back to factory using the NAND dumps I took before installing to flash. There used to be a guide on how to do this but cant seem to find it. Hoping some one can point me in the right direction or offer some advice on how to complete the restore.

Many thanks in advance,
Mike
mbrooker

Re: Restore PogoPlug v2 using NAND Dumps

Postby coastal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 pm

+1
coastal

Postby coastal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm

I've tried rebooting the pogoplug with my usb stick in and though i ssh in.
In the rcS file I've got the hbmgr.sh line commented out which I guess is the problem.

I've got vi but rcS is a read-only system file so I'm reluctant to go in and make that change. Is this the route I should be taking to restore the pogoplug?

I used the PogoLinux instructions for about a month ago and there was a section on NAND backups. I did this and have it still, but i'm looking at the instructions and there's no mention of running the backup. Is this something that's been removed from the wiki?

Really I just wondering what's the route to follow - uncomment the line or handle the NAND backup - which I don't really understand but presumably it's a reflash of memory somehow.
coastal

Postby coastal » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks Mike,

I didn't see your post until this morning but I did exactly that. Well actually I forgot the chmod command but I can do that tonight. All went well. Warheads did recommend checking my env. settings for model and version id but they looked ok and I didn't change them.
coastal

Return to Marvell Kirkwood