Sunddenly Error starting Daomon- "su: bin/sh: no such file"

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Sunddenly Error starting Daomon- "su: bin/sh: no such file"

Postby minmao » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:13 pm

I setup a popgoplug following some very newbie friendly tutorial a few years back. I installed samba, transmission and sabnzbd and left it on as my bt client ever since. For last a few month, I only used it as a NAS, so sometimes I turned off the transmission daemon, but I did use the transmission a few times and it had no problem whenever I turned it on.

I think everything was fine a few weeks ago. Then today, when I tried to start the Transmission on it via Putty, I go the following message:

[root@alarm ~]# /etc/rc.d/transmissiond start
:: Starting Transmission Daemon [BUSY]
su: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
[FAIL]
Not sure what happened. Actually I got the same message when trying to start sabnzbd.
And I could not even find the tutorials (I recalled it was link on the homepage of this site but they are longer there).
In the last a few weeks, the only things I did was tried to delete a folder in my samba share which I had trouble deleting, and following some suggestion I found online (and I did not succeed). I don't think I ever touched anything else.
What should I do to fix the issue above? I am really a Linux newbie and I did some research by googling but I still don't know what to do.
Thanks a lot in advance!
minmao

Re: Sunddenly Error starting Daomon- "su: bin/sh: no such fi

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Sounds like from file system corruption, and that must be one old install, to be still using rc.d/sysvinit
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: Sunddenly Error starting Daomon- "su: bin/sh: no such fi

Postby minmao » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks for the info. Any easy to fix it?
The system being old does not really bother me, as long as I could have the Transmission working.
minmao

Return to Marvell Kirkwood