Deluge high cpu load

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Deluge high cpu load

Postby nick2012 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:06 am

High cpu load with deluge and even when downloading only 1 torrent.
With deluged even ntfs drive taking a lot of load.
Whereas with transmission it settles under 20%load.
Anyone else facing the same problem?
nick2012

Re: Deluge high cpu load

Postby moonman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:55 am

Well deluge is heavier than transmission. Any particular reason you want deluge instead of transmission?
Your image is deleted?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby nick2012 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:20 am

Deluge downloads much faster than transmission and it finds peers more faster than any other torrent client.
Or recommend me any other good torrent client.
Tried to setup rutorrent+lighttpd not able to do that the guide was old.
nick2012

Postby moonman » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:42 am

I max out my connection with transmission at 3.1 MB/s (25 Mbit/s) and having used deluge before I can't say it was any faster. I would say stick with transmission on this device and play with with different settings (buffers, max peers etc..) and it has a nice remote transmission-gui and other bunch on android iOS etc.
Also, ntfs is a terrible choice on linux. If you want cross compatibility you can use exfat + exfat-nofuse driver.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby Sergeanter » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:13 pm

I was using (or tried to ) rtorrent (server on one Pogo) + rutorrent (client on another Pogo) until recently. Web interface was connecting using XMLRPC . Storage is a RAID on third Pogo via Samba. The last two versions of rtorrent had constant segfaults and I could not figure what was wrong . I tried all the possible config options and filed a couple of bug reports but it was still failing. CPU load was low but it was crashing at just above 1Mb/s and could not handle more than one torrent at a time. I switched to transmission with a web proxy on the other Pogo and all problems are gone.
Sergeanter

Return to Marvell Kirkwood