GFH Boot/Networking Issues After Last Update

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

GFH Boot/Networking Issues After Last Update

Postby nwatalyst » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:41 am

Hi all,

I did a full system update today (been about two months) and didn't notice anything that required immediate attention from the pacman logs... I DID notice that it asked me to flash a new u-boot to nand, which I agreed to. I have a feeling this messed up the boot process somehow as I am now unable to connect to the device via ssh after rebooting, nor does it register on my local network at all. Could it have botched the mac address?

However, the boot sequence from SATA still seems to be the same with a blinking green light that goes to orange for a few seconds, then solid green (which is what it was doing before this issue).

I can't even boot from USB to rescue.... disconnecting the 2TB SATA and going straight from USB just results in blinking green forever.

Before this happened the device was running quite well, but every week or so would become non responsive and require a reboot. I have it setup as a domoticz server and it is a pretty crucial part of my house at this point so any help is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
nwatalyst

Re: GFH Boot/Networking Issues After Last Update

Postby TheAntiTheo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Similar upgrade = dead for me, I have used a clean USB with kirkwood-latest and it is booting! Looking at the systemd journal (via another machine) it gets to the target 'Multi-User System' / 'Graphical Interface' but for some reason it is not using the assigned DHCP IP address nor is it opening any ports.

Will investigate further, but not too confident with systemd journals yet.

TaT
TheAntiTheo

Postby summers » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:59 pm

I did a reboot on 5/Jan/16 and that went fine. My uboot seems like the latest one, October 2015 IIRC. So my update to uboot I assue went through fine.

I'm guessing that you did the upgrade path to uboot and dt kernel when it first came out? If so did you copy the ethernet mac addres between uboot enviroment variables? If not, I guess that may give problems bring up the ethernet (?).

Is there any option to attach a serial interface to the uart on the board, so you can log in that way, and see why the ethernet is not comming up?
summers

Postby hecatae » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Do you have rescue system installed?

see viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8383

I think I ran into this issue back in November, let me dig out my notes
hecatae

Return to Marvell Kirkwood