SSH refused after editing fstab

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

SSH refused after editing fstab

Postby glenno » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:51 am

I have a strange issue that is doing my head in. My goFlexNet has been chugging along for years. Decided to do a package update after about 4 weeks of not bothering. Reboot and I can ping but SSH is refused.

Decided to do a fresh rebuild as its just running samba as a NAS, and im up and running again fine. At this stage I am booting off USB and not yet plugging in the 2 SATA drives.

As soon as I edit /etc/fstab and insert these lines:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
LABEL=photos /media/photos ext4 defaults,noatime 0 2
LABEL=data /media/data ext3 defaults,noatime 0 2
')

When I reboot it takes about 90secs to boot up which is about 60 secs longer than normal. I havent as yet inserted the SATA drives.

Now what is strange is that if I mount the USB boot drive in my laptop and clear out fstab, and reboot I still cant ssh in (connection refused).

I figured maybe a reinstall of uboot-goflexnet might be in order as I havent updated it for at least 12months.

Post the pacman package download it asks me if im sure y|N to install u-boot but then drops me straight to the command prompt as if there is some type of unhandled error.

Any thoughts? Is U-Boot playing a part here with the boot up process?
glenno

Return to Marvell Kirkwood