internal hd

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

internal hd

Postby tritron » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:18 am

I want to install 2.5" hard drive inside pro and I found this. I wonder if anyone had seen this for cheaper. L shaped sata would be nice on other end. Any ideas on how to attach driver inside.
http://cgi.ebay.com/STARTECH-SLSATAF20R ... 5adefcd325
tritron

Re: internal hd

Postby tritron » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:45 pm

WD 2.5" 1TB has native usb port so if we cut the micro cable and solder it directly to usb port and place drive inside. Any ideas for mounting it inside ?
tritron

Postby slycat » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm curious. If you can go through the hassle of splicing a cable to hardwire to a usb port, why not strip the harddrive to the bare bone and get a small isata-to-isata cable? I've seen some 4" cables around the net available for less than $5 w/ shipping :). Also: there have been a few posts about adding a disk to the inside of the pogos, most said that it may work with veeeery little wiggle room.

All I can say is give it a shot and it all else fails you can still link it via sata and keep it in an enclosure. I've been wanting to do this myself, stripping my current disk down, but it s a 3.5 so I wouldn't insert it but mount it on a thermaltake or other esata enclosure.
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Postby tritron » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:11 pm

I have simplytech esata enclosure but new western digital 2.5" drives have build in usb no sata at all. So such 2.5 drive will fit inside pogoplug pro. Now the mini usb port can be removed and four wiress can be attached in it it place and then attached to usb port.
If somone would want to use esata then I recomend simplytech enclosure. It is cheap on ebay. The chipset supports all raids with little hacking we just need to add resistor or raid 0 and 1 without it.
tritron

Return to Community Supported