ram upgrade

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

ram upgrade

Postby tritron » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:45 am

Well I wonder if anyone knows chip that will be direct replacement and increase amount of ram on pogoplug pro
tritron

Re: ram upgrade

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 am

Ass-u-me-ing, that you found a compatible chip, which I don't have one, and you didn't fry the board, you could override the commandline parameters, but uboot is hard coded to 128 so lord knows how that might behave.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Raymondday » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Here is a photo of my PogoPlug Pro. The RAM chip is near the bottom left side. It has a white line all around it with letters on one side the numbers on the top side. It's surface mounted and under it. So I guess you have to put a heat gun on it and unsold-er it and put a new RAM chip that has more RAM on and and used the heat gun to solder it back on.

It be super if the people that made it would just add more RAM. It my cost a little more but be worth it.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l41/R ... ardTop.jpg

-Raymond Day
Last edited by Raymondday on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raymondday

Postby Raymondday » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Did any one try a hybread had drive on it. Ones that have like Flash ram + the had drive. It my use the Flash ram for it's swop real good.

But Flash ram con only read and wight like a million times so using it as computer RAM I don't think would be good.

I think they only make hard drives with 32GB ram in them now. They don't keep there data that would be good for swop ram any way.

-Raymond Day
Raymondday

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm

A hybrid drive controls it's flash portion entirely within its own firmware, and the user can not delineate what part is used for what. They don't come with 32GB of ram, but 32MB of ram. Huge difference. And it's not "Flash ram" is Flash memory, usually MLC, which is no way RAM.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Community Supported