Some queries

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Some queries

Postby dinjo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 am

Got my pogoplug pro and flashed arch linux on it, have certain queries on it

1. Currently I'm using usb stick for storage device and all packages are installed on it but since out used usb as a test run before a final install so now I want to use my 1 tb as mu storage device but I have some data in it trsnsfering them would a pain its sleazy ext3 partition drive so can I utilize this hdd without formatting the hdd.
2. Do I have to re-ran the install script again? Or just make a tar of entire / and extract it in my hdd would this work or are there some ldd.so which would require recompiling?
3. Can I use ext4 partition? But I see in the script says it only need ext3 or ext2.
4. And finally can I create multiple partitions one for root and other for data?
5. Due to lack of networking knowledge I was not able to open port for transmission.

And recommend some packages , already did installed mentioned in Apps section along with webmin, payload (are there any good download manager for arch linux )
dinjo

Re: Some queries

Postby dinjo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 am

Should this be in user questions ?
dinjo

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:23 pm

1) Ext2/3 required, best to match your original file system format.
2) Just either extract onto a new 1st partition, or cp -ar as root from a live-cd or soemthing. You can do that from a running system.
3) Ext2/3 required.
4) Yes. You might need to play with fstab.
5) ?
6) Anything that runs on any linux, and is avaialble from source, shouold work on Arch Linux ARM
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby dinjo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:57 am

Thanks for the reply seems like I'll do a dd to copy the data from usb to portable hdd.

I'll play fstab to create different partition for rootfs , swap and data
dinjo

Return to Community Supported