no driver for usb wifi adapter in this kernel

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Re: no driver for usb wifi adapter in this kernel

Postby baoyingcheng » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 am

of course that won't work,because it's for pogoplug pro,you are using a usb wifi stick,right?
follow the instructions above.
first,install compile env on the device
download the source from this thread,not linux official kernel,I made that mistake before.
compile,and copy driver files to the right path
it will work.
baoyingcheng

Re: no driver for usb wifi adapter in this kernel

Postby shv » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:51 pm

I wanted to complile the WIFI driver for the Pogoplug Pro because the drivers which were provided in the Enable WIFI thread didn't work. So it was a similar task compared to your needs but not a driver for a USB wifi device.

I got the kernel source code directly from git. Afterwards I rolled back to the commit of August. So I got access to the .config.old configuration file form the 14th of June. It contains already a PCI configuration. I comipled everything under Debian on the PogoplugPro. At the end I comipled the wireless driver and it works. It fits to the kernel of June 2012 which is provided in the thread http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2453. I provided the compiled WIFI driver for the Pro device in the following thread for download: http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2031.

The difference to your proceeding is that I didn't take the current kernel configuration from GIT but the configuration from ~June 2012. By this procedure I was able to compile the WIFI driver and also some RAID kernel modules which fit exactly to the official kernel from WarheadsSE. I didn't compile it on Archlinux but on Debian on the Pogoplug Pro.
Debian @ Pogoplug Pro (actively used)
Debian @ Pogoplug E02
shv

Previous

Return to Community Supported