PP-Pro upgrade and Symlink trouble.

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

PP-Pro upgrade and Symlink trouble.

Postby mota37 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:40 am

I had my pro running since July 2011 until just a few days ago. I needed to upgrade something but haven't been able to us pacman for more than a year due to decadency issues. I decided to start over clean.

I started by installing Oxnas latest which would boot but then the green light would turn off and no SSH.

I then used 05/2012 based on a suggestion in a thread. I got that to boot but couldn't use Pacman as glibc was out of date an I couldn't install a single package. So I got all that worked out and got to where pacman -Syu no returns "nothing to be done." I also installed the oxnas-update in the mean time. Reboot and no SSH again but steady green light. Reviewing /var/log I can see the issue with /lib/modules is happening now.

I'm not clear how I need to setup the symlink. Do I move the contents of /lib to /usr/lib then create the link? I tried to add ln -s /usr/lib/modules /lib/modues to rc.local to no success, even after successive reboots. Can I just use Oxnas latest now that I have run oxnas-update?

Anymore problems and I'm going to punt the whole thing off my balcony and go back to my V1.
mota37

Re: PP-Pro upgrade and Symlink trouble.

Postby pepedog » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:04 am

I don't have one of these machines, but I believe once you ran oxnas-update you can get latest rootfs and get over glibc hump
Installation tab, "Help! It stopped working!"
http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv6/pogoplug-provideov3
pepedog
Developer

Re: PP-Pro upgrade and Symlink trouble.

Postby mota37 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 pm

You are correct. Installing Oxnas latest worked after running the update. Thanks.
mota37

Return to Community Supported