Reinstall of POGO-B02

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Re: Reinstall of POGO-B02

Postby sjwoo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm

This one?

http://archlinuxarm.org/os/oxnas/oxnas-revert.sh

Keep in mind that my box is about two years old, and I haven't done many updates.

- Sung
sjwoo

Postby Geoff » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:01 pm

You're getting a lot of advice in this thread. Unfortunately, some of the advice is inconsistent with other advice. Here's yet more advice, which differs from what others have said. The problem is that you have tried to use a new rootfs with an old kernel. You will first have to install on your USB stick/drive an older rootfs that is compatible with the kernel that you currently have. Then it should boot up. Don't bother to update with pacman at this point. Now you can run the script to replace the kernel with the latest one. Then shutdown and replace the rootfs on your USB stick/drive with the latest one, which is compatible with your new kernel. Each of these steps is explained in other threads in this forum.
Geoff

Postby pepedog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:12 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Geoff', 'Y')ou're getting a lot of advice in this thread. Unfortunately, some of the advice is inconsistent with other advice. Here's yet more advice, which differs from what others have said. The problem is that you have tried to use a new rootfs with an old kernel. You will first have to install on your USB stick/drive an older rootfs that is compatible with the kernel that you currently have. Then it should boot up. Don't bother to update with pacman at this point. Now you can run the script to replace the kernel with the latest one. Then shutdown and replace the rootfs on your USB stick/drive with the latest one, which is compatible with your new kernel. Each of these steps is explained in other threads in this forum.

I was too lazy to type all this
Additionally you can update kernel http://us.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/os/oxnas/update-oxnas.tar.gz
pepedog
Developer

Postby Socaltom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:21 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Geoff', 'Y')ou're getting a lot of advice in this thread. Unfortunately, some of the advice is inconsistent with other advice. Here's yet more advice, which differs from what others have said. The problem is that you have tried to use a new rootfs with an old kernel. You will first have to install on your USB stick/drive an older rootfs that is compatible with the kernel that you currently have. Then it should boot up. Don't bother to update with pacman at this point. Now you can run the script to replace the kernel with the latest one. Then shutdown and replace the rootfs on your USB stick/drive with the latest one, which is compatible with your new kernel. Each of these steps is explained in other threads in this forum.

Actually I don't believe I was being inconsistent at all. There are at least two ways to update the kernel as far as I can tell. One is to us the update kernel which I linked to originally. However, to address his question I gave him another option, use the revert script, then reinstall which should load the new kernel.
Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Postby sjwoo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for all your help here. I tried to upgrade the existing installation with http://us.mirror.archlinuxarm.org/os/ox ... nas.tar.gz, but I got another nasty bunch of errors. Below is what it looked like. It crashed the OS again, making the pogo inoperable. Maybe my install is too far out of date.

I'm going to take Tom's advice and go back to the Pogo firmware. Not sure if I'm going to go back to Arch -- my Raspberry Pi just arrived. So I may just package this up and sell it on eBay for ten bucks or whatever I can get for it.

- Sung

[root@pogolinux update-oxnas]# ls
boot lib update-kernel.sh
[root@pogolinux update-oxnas]# ls -l
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 1004 1005 4096 Jun 5 2012 boot
drwxr-xr-x 4 1004 1005 4096 Jun 7 2012 lib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 1004 1005 1511 Jun 16 2012 update-kernel.sh
[root@pogolinux update-oxnas]# ./update-kernel.sh
# Oxnas kernel update, WarheadsSE 06/05/12
# Adds devtmpfs to kernel, and many modules
# NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE THE DEVICES TO TEST
# THEM ALL. Sorry.

This will flash non-PCI kernel only
Pacman'ing needs: mtd-utils & libaccept4
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core 42.1K 1476.8K/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
extra 474.1K 2.3M/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
community 493.0K 2.7M/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
aur 15.9K 1100.2K/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
alarm 5.1K 7.1M/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
:: The following packages should be upgraded first :
pacman
:: Do you want to cancel the current operation
:: and upgrade these packages now? [Y/n]

:: pacman is in IgnorePkg/IgnoreGroup. Install anyway? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (12): linux-api-headers-3.7.4-1 filesystem-2013.01-3 glibc-2.17-3
libarchive-3.0.4-2 pth-2.0.7-4 libksba-1.2.0-3 libassuan-2.0.3-1
pinentry-0.8.2-1 dirmngr-1.1.0-4 gnupg-2.0.19-6 gpgme-1.3.1-5
pacman-4.0.3-5

Total Download Size: 11.26 MB
Total Installed Size: 52.89 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages from core...
linux-api-headers-3.7.... 591.8K 1615.2K/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
filesystem-2013.01-3-arm 5.9K 7.7M/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
glibc-2.17-3-arm 3.8M 4.4M/s 00:00:00 [##############--------------] 52%
glibc-2.17-3-arm
libarchive-3.0.4-2-arm
pth-2.0.7-4-arm
libksba-1.2.0-3-arm
libassuan-2.0.3-1-arm
pinentry-0.8.2-1-arm
dirmngr-1.1.0-4-arm
gnupg-2.0.19-6-arm
gpgme-1.3.1-5-arm
pacman-4.0.3-5-arm 1023.8K 6.5M/s 00:00:00 [############################] 100%
(12/12) checking package integrity [############################] 100%
(12/12) checking for file conflicts [############################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
filesystem: /etc/mtab exists in filesystem
filesystem: /etc/profile.d/locale.sh exists in filesystem
filesystem: /lib exists in filesystem
filesystem: /var/run exists in filesystem
glibc: /usr/bin/tzselect exists in filesystem
glibc: /usr/sbin/zdump exists in filesystem
glibc: /usr/sbin/zic exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
Copying if necessary...
Placing updates...
Depmod...
Flashing Kernel to slot A...
./update-kernel.sh: line 56: flash_erase: command not found
./update-kernel.sh: line 58: nandwrite: command not found
[root@pogolinux update-oxnas]#
sjwoo

Postby sjwoo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Once again, thanks -- the Pogo is back to being a Pogo. I really appreciate all of your help.
sjwoo

Postby Geoff » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Socaltom', 'A')ctually I don't believe I was being inconsistent at all. There are at least two ways to update the kernel as far as I can tell. One is to us the update kernel which I linked to originally. However, to address his question I gave him another option, use the revert script, then reinstall which should load the new kernel.

I'm sorry, Tom. I just didn't imagine that the revert script could work, if there was a problem to boot up at all. I must have misunderstood something, and didn't notice the possibility of booting up with an old drive.
Geoff

Postby Socaltom » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Geoff', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Socaltom', 'A')ctually I don't believe I was being inconsistent at all. There are at least two ways to update the kernel as far as I can tell. One is to us the update kernel which I linked to originally. However, to address his question I gave him another option, use the revert script, then reinstall which should load the new kernel.

I'm sorry, Tom. I just didn't imagine that the revert script could work, if there was a problem to boot up at all. I must have misunderstood something, and didn't notice the possibility of booting up with an old drive.

No worries, :)
Sometimes I get lucky. :D
Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Previous

Return to Community Supported