Mysql/Mariadb won't start

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Mysql/Mariadb won't start

Postby corkscrew » Wed May 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Hey all,
after searching a long time how to solve the problem, I'll try my luck here:
I have a Pogoplug B04 running with oxnas. While apache and php are running fine, Mysql/MariaDB doesn't even start...
Some commands to show, whats up:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@pogo ~]# mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
[root@pogo ~]# mysqld
A newer kernel is required to run this binary. (__kernel_cmpxchg64 helper)
Aborted (core dumped)
[root@pogo ~]# rc.d start mysql
:: Daemon script mysql does not exist or is not executable.
[root@pogo ~]# rc.d start mysqld
:: Daemon script mysqld does not exist or is not executable.
')

A newer kernel is required to run this binary. (__kernel_cmpxchg64 helper) -> seems there is something wrong with the kernel, that mysql wants to use

The Log in /var/lib/mysql is just used, when I start mysql in save mode. It shows:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', '1')30507 16:37:39 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib$
A newer kernel is required to run this binary. (__kernel_cmpxchg64 helper)
^@130507 16:37:39 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/lib/mysql//pogo.pid end$
130507 16:38:01 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib$

If something is missing, just tell it, I'll add it here. Some more Information: systemctl tells me, it can't connect to D-Bus, so it doesn't work for me...
Thanks for help!
corkscrew

Re: Mysql/Mariadb won't start

Postby karog » Wed May 08, 2013 3:09 pm

The oxnas devices cannot run newer kernels that mysql requires so you need an older version of mysql. See MySQL: Kernel Problem my post 2nd to last on page for link to older working MySQL as well as the last post on the page to ignore upgrades.
karog

Postby Geoff » Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 pm

I have found that Maria clients (packages: libmariadbclient, mariadb-clients) can work with this older MySQL server, so if you have a package that depends on these Maria client packages, all is not lost (not yet, anyway). Your mileage may vary; when in doubt, always do a complete backup first.
Geoff

Postby corkscrew » Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks for the help so far!
Until now I've installed the packages, works so far, I just have to solve that InnoDB-Error, so that it starts :? [Edit: Solved ;)]
But the biggets problem is now, that other programs, like ProFTPd, refuse to start now, because they use Mariadb, not Mysql (client and libclient) -.- :lol:
Is there a place, where I can get the old versions of programs? (or just a old mariadb-version?)
corkscrew

Return to Community Supported