Can no longer login in via SSH (Pogoplug Pro)

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Can no longer login in via SSH (Pogoplug Pro)

Postby jayuk20 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:45 pm

I have the black Pogoplug Pro and followed the guide on the Arch site to install Arch onto my device and it worked greate, however I appear to have done some kind of partial system update and when I SSH in with root root I get access denied, any way to fix this?
jayuk20

Re: Can no longer login in via SSH (Pogoplug Pro)

Postby chat1410 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 pm

I honestly don't know what version of SSH the rootfs image has. If it contains an older version of SSH, the initscript may be getting deleted when you update. Prior to updating, make a copy of everything in [ /etc/rc.d/ ] so when the updates remove those scripts you can place them back.

Also with the migration to [ /usr/bin ] you'll have several other considerations to make. I'm looking into performing the update right now; several initscripts need to be manually adjusted (since they're unsupported) as well as several files may need to be moved (and hopefully not break anything). I suspect these two issues on top of each other (the transition from initscripts and the migration to /usr/bin) are why the devs have dropped their support for this kernel. Lately there's been more backpedaling and repairing than moving forward.

This late in the game I suggest not putting Arch on your Pogo Plug. I'm looking to purchase a Raspberry Pi soon and moving over to that, I suggest you may want to do the same.
chat1410

Postby jayuk20 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 pm

thanks for the reply.

the last couple days ive also been considering getting a pi, im gonna look into this a bit more.
jayuk20

Postby moonman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 am

Keep in mind guys that if you use the device as a file server and need a good network throughput the pi will be a DOWNGRADE. Its CPU is slower/no gigabit network/the NIC is on the same USB bust with everything else you have plugged in (hdd?).
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Community Supported