getting the Pogo plug to boot

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

getting the Pogo plug to boot

Postby jayuk20 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:00 am

As I formatted the wrong USB stick, I just have a box with a green flashing led, do I need to boot up a Linux live distro like mint and copy some files onto the USB stick?
jayuk20

Re: getting the Pogo plug to boot

Postby chat1410 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Please see the bottom of the installation page.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'P')lace your boot drive in another Linux computer/device and check the file system. If you're still having issues then we'll proceed with starting from scratch on the rootfs. Following steps 7 and 8 above, partition and format the drive (using the correct /dev device, highly likely NOT sda). Download and extract the root filesystem tarball onto the new ext3 partition as the root user, not just sudo. Create a file at /usr/local/mac_addr and place in it your Pro's MAC address (its on the bottom of the unit) in the format XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX. Safely umount the drive from the computer, plug it back in to the powered-off Pogoplug, and then plug in the Pogoplug.

If you have further questions I'll attempt to help but as I said in your other thread, starting fresh at this point is likely a lost cause with this hardware.
chat1410

Return to Community Supported