New Install

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

New Install

Postby fooljoe » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:30 am

So I'm a complete n00b here, just dug my old pink pogoplug (b01) out and tried to get lamp going. I followed the instructions here, and everything seemed to be working fine until I tried pacman -Syu. Upon so doing I get the following errors:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/hw_breakpoint.h exists in filesystem
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/netconf.h exists in filesystem
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv6/ip6t_NPT.h exists in filesystem
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/packet_diag.h exists in filesystem
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/tcp_metrics.h exists in filesystem
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/tty_flags.h exists in filesystem
linux-api-headers: /usr/include/linux/v4l2-controls.h exists in filesystem
filesystem: /bin exists in filesystem
filesystem: /sbin exists in filesystem
filesystem: /usr/sbin exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
')I can still login and run stuff, but can't get NTP working, which I gather is needed to avoid resetting the date to 1969 everytime I reboot. Running ntpd gives me:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ntpd: /usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ntpd)')Anyway, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, and I understand that "official" support for my device no longer exists, but if there's a fix for this that'd be great. I've been googling this extensively for the last 5 hours or so and feel like I've read through just about every possibly-relevant thread here, but no dice. Should I just run the latest tarball as is and skip the pacman -Syu step?

Thanks
fooljoe

Re: New Install

Postby moonman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Use the rootfs from "best rootfs" thread. It is more up to date.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby fooljoe » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks. I actually just found that thread this morning - looks promising. Of course I spent 5 hours reading through just about every other thread last night and missed the one that could actually work. I'll try tonight and report my results.
fooljoe

Postby fooljoe » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 am

Update - the "last best fs" seems to have done the trick. Thanks! Mods, perhaps that thread should be stickied, or that tarball should replace the "official" latest.
fooljoe

Return to Community Supported