Need help

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Need help

Postby jjohn6969 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 pm

I wanted to have a DLNA SAMBA server and Cloud services via pogoplug.. I can't get anyting to work on the PRO

I got arch installed but everythying else fails. So are my wish list possible with this version if so
where is good instructions on how to set this up correctly..

Thank you all
jjohn6969

Re: Need help

Postby moonman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:20 am

There isn't really... Pro has been deprecated because there's no new kernel available that supports systemd. You can still keep it up to date, but you need to be more or less knowledgeable about the differences between systemd and initscripts. In the "last best rootfs" thread there's a newer rootfs available that will let you get past the latest updates that may make your device unbootable. Also you will need to dig for samba initscripts as they aren't included in packages anymore (the pogoplug package for my.pogoplug.com functionality does come with it). Look around there are a couple of threads with initscripts in them.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby jjohn6969 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 pm

thank you!

I guess I will be looking to convert back is that possible and where can I find how
jjohn6969

Postby moonman » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:59 am

To convert back? to what? the tarball already comes with sys V init and not systemd. The problem here is that all packages are build with the assumption that you have systemd and don't come with initscripts.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Community Supported