Problems with netfilters

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

Re: Problems with netfilters

Postby aplund » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:17 am

Contacted one of the upstream devs for nftables. The fix for the original issue is this patch:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ne ... ilter.org/
aplund

Postby summers » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:18 am

Just a thought, I had to update libnftnl as well when updating. I on 1.2.0 so that may be worth checking. Also guess as you know which bit of code is bombing, can you look it up on github, and run the blame script. Then you be able to see who made the change, and that will give someone to contact ...
summers

Postby aplund » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:07 am

The patch is now in the master branch, so hopefully the next release will have it fixed.

The problem is particularly with populating the cache that the nft command uses, in particular when zero results are returned. So it's unlikely that the other libraries have any impact.
aplund

Postby summers » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:35 pm

Either wait until the next version comes out, or downgrade to the previous version.
summers

Postby EthanWinters » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:18 am

There are problems with netfilters in the older version, probably wait for the newer version Sir,
Also, check again your netfilters config , I think there are some errors with # echo $?
BTW, are you sure that your tables,, "filter" and "nat" are well defined?? Good luck

Best regards: EthanWinters
KineMaster Mods
EthanWinters

Previous

Return to General