macbook m1

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

macbook m1

Postby auggiefroggie » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:01 am

is anyone on here using archlinux on macbook?
auggiefroggie

Re: macbook m1

Postby auggiefroggie » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:42 am

Hello, I am wondering does anyone else use their archlinux machine at a public library?
I am in san francisco and whenever I go to a public library i'm not able to download any packages or do an pacman -Syu.

pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
asahi is up to date
core.db failed to download
extra.db failed to download
community.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
warning: too many errors from mirror.archlinuxarm.org, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed to synchronize all databases (download library error)

This is my terminal, I am assuming they have blocked certain mirrors? Or perhaps just capped the download speed to non existence. The thing is I am able to download videos from websites at 17mb/s. Does anyone know a way around this sort of filter? I am assuming this is the reason. Id like to only use my laptop in public and not at home anymore wink
auggiefroggie

Return to General