how to use mpv on raspberrypi 3 B

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

how to use mpv on raspberrypi 3 B

Postby acconciox » Sat May 07, 2016 9:46 am

hi, when i run mpv:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[vo/vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
[vo/xv] No Xvideo support found.
libva info: VA-API version 0.39.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns -1
libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with unknown libva error,driver_name=(null)
[vaapi] vaInitialize(): unknown libva error
[vo/x11] Warning: this legacy VO has bad performance. Consider fixingyour graphic drivers, or not forcing the x11 VO.
')
can you address me on a wiki or to a thread or to some tip so i can use mpv in a efficient way?
thanks you!

just for adding more info about my installation:$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
extra/xf86-input-evdev 2.10.2-1 (xorg-drivers xorg) [installed]
extra/xf86-video-fbdev 0.4.4-5 (xorg-drivers xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-bdftopcf 1.0.5-1 (xorg xorg-apps) [installed]
extra/xorg-font-util 1.3.1-1 (xorg-fonts xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-font-utils 7.6-4 [installed]
extra/xorg-fonts-alias 1.0.3-1 [installed]
extra/xorg-fonts-encodings 1.0.4-4 (xorg-fonts xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-fonts-misc 1.0.3-4 [installed]
extra/xorg-luit 1.1.1-2 (xorg xorg-apps) [installed]
extra/xorg-mkfontdir 1.0.7-2 (xorg xorg-apps) [installed]
extra/xorg-mkfontscale 1.1.2-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-server 1.18.3-1 (xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-server-common 1.18.3-1 (xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-setxkbmap 1.3.1-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xauth 1.0.9-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xdpyinfo 1.3.2-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xinit 1.3.4-4 [installed]
extra/xorg-xkbcomp 1.3.1-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xmodmap 1.0.9-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xrandr 1.5.0-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xrdb 1.1.0-2 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]
extra/xorg-xset 1.2.3-1 (xorg-apps xorg) [installed]')
acconciox

Re: how to use mpv on raspberrypi 3 B

Postby Gusar » Mon May 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Arch Linux ARM does not provide RPi-enabled mpv packages. To get a RPi-enabled mpv, you first need to compile ffmpeg with --enable-mmal. After you have ffmpeg with mmal, compile mpv. The mpv build system will automatically recognize that ffmpeg contains mmal and build support for it into mpv.

Note: MMAL is the Multi-Media Abstraction Layer, it's one of the two ways to get hardware video decoding on the RPi (the other is OpenMax, but ffmpeg and mpv don't support that; they don't need to, MMAL is easier to implement and actually does the job better).
Gusar

Postby acconciox » Wed May 11, 2016 4:39 pm

thanks for the answer waiting for the answer solved the problem installing mpv-git maybe the git installation provide compile or some feature that work out?

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Qi mpv-git
Name : mpv-git
Version : 43208.gababfcb-1
Description : Video player based on MPlayer/mplayer2 (git version)
Architecture : armv7h
URL : https://mpv.io
Licenses : GPL3
Groups : None
Provides : mpv
Depends On : enca ffmpeg jack lcms2 libcaca libcdio-paranoia
libdvdnav libguess libxinerama libxkbcommon libxrandr
libxss libxv lua51 raspberrypi-firmware-tools rubberband
smbclient hicolor-icon-theme
Optional Deps : youtube-dl: for --ytdl [installed]
Required By : None
Optional For : None
Conflicts With : mpv
Replaces : None
Installed Size : 3.26 MiB
Packager : Unknown Packager
Build Date : Sun May 8 13:04:13 2016
Install Date : Sun May 8 13:52:07 2016
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : Yes
Validated By : None
')

is that any difference for armv7 using xf86-video-fbdev or xf86-video-fbturbo? according with your answer i have to --enable-mmal in ffmpeg then to recompile mpv with ffmpeg new, to have a better efficient mpv ? at the moment the motion seems fluid and real.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ffmpeg .i
ffmpeg version 3.0.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 5.3.0 (GCC)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --disable-debug --disable-static --disable-stripping --enable-avisynth --enable-avresample --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdcadec --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgsm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-netcdf --enable-shared --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab --host-cflags='"-fPIC"'
libavutil 55. 17.103 / 55. 17.103
libavcodec 57. 24.102 / 57. 24.102
libavformat 57. 25.100 / 57. 25.100
libavdevice 57. 0.101 / 57. 0.101
libavfilter 6. 31.100 / 6. 31.100
libavresample 3. 0. 0 / 3. 0. 0
libswscale 4. 0.100 / 4. 0.100
libswresample 2. 0.101 / 2. 0.101
libpostproc 54. 0.100 / 54. 0.100')

add a question related to mmal, is this flag, a flag that has to be set on, in any compile? for example, compiling stockfish (software chess engine multi thread very strong and that need an efficient compile to work faster, customized with architecture).

ciao e grazie, thanks you for your answers
acconciox

Postby tpfkanep » Mon May 16, 2016 11:13 am

Compiling ffmpeg with the mmal switch is magic. Mpv plays like a dream.
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'A')rch Linux ARM does not provide RPi-enabled mpv packages. To get a RPi-enabled mpv, you first need to compile ffmpeg with --enable-mmal.
How does one determine if a package can be compiled with the mmal switch?
tpfkanep

Postby acconciox » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:51 pm

compile done with those params:
FFMPEG
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', './configure --prefix=/usr --disable-debug --disable-static --disable-stripping --enable-avisynth --enable-avresample --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-gpl --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgsm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-netcdf --enable-shared --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab --host-cflags='"-fPIC"' --enable-mmal')

now after removale of ffmpeg and chromium firefox ffmpegthumbnail spacefm after github make i made:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'sudo make install')

but now i cannot reinstall chromium, firefox ffmpeghthumbnail and spacefm because ffmpeg doesnt satisfy dependencies, i need a little help. Is it possible to install in a way that i can have 2 ffmpeg and check what's faster? both referring to correct libraries?
acconciox

Return to General