SSL error on fresh installation

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

SSL error on fresh installation

Postby Axon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

I am trying to use Arch Linux aarch64 on my android phone with Linuxdeploy. I created an image file for rootfs, mounted it and installed the base system using pacstrap. I then unmounted the image, transfered it to my phone, and chrooted in it using Linuxdeploy. The problem is, when I try to, for example, use curl over https, I get the following error:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
CApath: none')
The file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt does not, indeed, exist in my system. I tried reinstalling ca-certificates and ca-certificates-utils, but nothing has changed. That file is present in my x86_64 Arch linux installation, and it is a symlink to /etc/ca-certificates/extracted/tls-ca-bundle.pem, although both files do not belong to any package. I created the missing symlink, and it solved the problem, but now I am curious what caused it in the first place?
Axon

Re: SSL error on fresh installation

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:44 pm

The /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.cert comes from the post_install hook for ca-certificates package
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: SSL error on fresh installation

Postby Axon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Thank you, WarheadsSE! That explains it. The post-install hooks were not initially executed because I ran pacstrap from x86_64 system, so it couldn't work inside aarch64 chroot. I thought such problems could be fixed by reinstalling packages from inside chroot, but it seems that the post_install hooks do not execute on reinstall either.
Axon

Return to General