[solved] pacman not working, every server returns 404

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

[solved] pacman not working, every server returns 404

Postby beaglebonerArch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Hello,
I'm using Arch for some time on desktop and now wanted to try it on my Beaglebone Black.
I managed to install it, but when i want to update using pacman I get this error:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
[root@alarm alarm]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.ustc.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.kernel.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.lty.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from arch.localmsp.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.kku.ac.th : The requested URL returned error: 404
...')

The list goes on and on. It is also the same when I try to install something:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@alarm alarm]# pacman -S vim
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) gpm-1.20.7-7 vim-runtime-8.0.0237-1 vim-8.0.0237-1

Total Download Size: 6.13 MiB
Total Installed Size: 29.19 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'vim-runtime-8.0.0237-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.ustc.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'vim-runtime-8.0.0237-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.kernel.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'vim-runtime-8.0.0237-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'vim-runtime-8.0.0237-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.lty.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
')

How can i fix this, or add the repository for my architecture?

Thanks

PS: It's hard to find tutorials or beginner's guides for archlinuxarm, could you point me to a few relevant websites?
Last edited by beaglebonerArch on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beaglebonerArch

Re: pacman not working, every server returns 404

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Those aren't ALARM mirrors.

Did you use `reflector`? That only works with the Arch Linux mirrors (we're not the same project!)
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: pacman not working, every server returns 404

Postby beaglebonerArch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Oh yes, you are right. I made the silly mistake of using the same mirrors as for my desktop.

In case somebody has the same problem use the mirrorlist that comes with the archlinuxarm files, those contain mirrors that give you the binaries for ARM architecture.

Thank you
beaglebonerArch

Return to General