Arch on C.H.I.P

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

Arch on C.H.I.P

Postby Foryah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 pm

So, I bought a C.H.I.Pand after playing with it for a while, I wanted to try to put Arch on it.
I don't know anything abut ARM or flashing a new distribution on a device, so I googled it and I found this.
After I followed the steps here I got arch on the device. I was able to screen into it, ssh into it. It was perfect!
But then I disconnected it from the power supply and connected it again and... nothing happened. No tty access, no ssh access... I'm not sure Arch is booting, I'm not sure how to connect to the device to see what's going on inside.
Now, as I said, I know nothing about ARM so... Can you guys give me a hand ? I realize I'm not posting any logs or anything 'useful', but I have no idea what logs to post...
Foryah

Re: Arch on C.H.I.P

Postby andre » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:18 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'N')o tty access

Are you using a serial connection, or are you referring to the ttyACM0 mentioned on the wiki you linked? If you are referring to the ttyACM0 the wiki mentions, this appears to be a software running on the CHIP. (which only outputs on successfull boot)

I suggest connecting a serial cable (either USB TTL or a TTL to RS232 level shifter) to the serial connection (UART1-TX / UART1-R) ( see https://docs.getchip.com/images/chip_pinouts.jpg )

This would get some more information whether uboot and/or the kernel report problems.
andre

Return to General