GoFlex Home running very slow

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

GoFlex Home running very slow

Postby sweetthdevil » Wed May 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Hello all,

As the title says my GoFlex Home is running very slow since couple of days. Now, I did not install anything new to it, and did not do an update when it started to run slowly - nothing changes.

I have updated tonight to see if it improved it, but no that did not improve it. The root partition isn't full, really unsure what to check now?

Even SSH is slow - typing and sending command take ages.
sweetthdevil

Re: GoFlex Home running very slow

Postby sweetthdevil » Thu May 10, 2018 7:39 am

Right, after a bit of investigation I think I have found the cause of the issue.

In a nutshell, the GoFlex had a static IP set within the router and the lease time was passed - the connectivity was dropping every 30 sec or so.

I extended the lease time on the router, but the easier option would be to set the static IP from the GoFlex itself. The only issue I have is that if I set systemd.networkd to use the new configuration (static IP) and for a reason that doesn't work - I have then lost remote access to the GoFlex.

Is there a command to test a systemd.networkd config file that reverts to the current one within x minutes? That will give me the time to make sure it works, and if it doesn't then I get the remote access back.

Thanks,
sweetthdevil

Return to General